Aricent Group will of course be at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona again this year, and we are hosting a variety of events ourselves both at the main site and at the Hotel Arts, all of which promise to be thought provoking, insightful, fun, and often including libations (click through the deck below for details):
Beyond our own events we have scoured the interwebs for as many other similarly interesting and stimulating talks and get-togethers as we can find. Here’s a handy list, in roughly sequential order:
- Innovation on the Fringe: 26 February 2012 at Hotel Novotel Barcelona City: Ease into congress by spending Sunday afternoon with us looking at mobile innovation from the perspective of investors, start-ups and network operators. Discussion panels, demos and plenty opportunities to mingle with your fellow mobilists…
- GoMo News Lounge: 26 February 2012 at Bar Incognito: A relaxed networking event for mobile marketing, media, advertising and app types hosted by Bena Roberts and GoMo News.
- Copper Horse Dinner: 26 Feb, a dinner about mobile and network security
- Techcrunch@Barcelona: 27 February 2012 at Aquarella: During the 2012 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, TechCrunch Europe is joining the Heroes of the Mobile Fringe Festival and is returning to Barcelona for yet another interactive event featuring some of the most innovative and interesting startups and investors.
- Pearson Plug and Play: 27 February 2012 at Fira Barcelona: Come and join PearsonâÄôs Future Technologies team for a demonstration of their open API platform, Plug & Play, which gives developers access to rich content datasets from across Pearson Education, Longman, DK and FT Press
- European Leaders present Hot Topics: 27 February 2012 at Omm Hotel Barcelona: European Leaders present Hot Topics, an event where the thought leaders of the mobile industry talk to a select group of wireless influencers about whatâÄôs on their mind. The event is broken into two panel discussions…
- Mobile Marketing Mixer: 27 February 2012 at Bar Incognito: Join the Mobile Marketing Mixer powered by Smaato and sponsored by Adfonic, Celtra, Mobile Marketing Magazine and Poynt. Come out and start Mobile World Congress with the first night out in a proper way! Join the mobile marketing party crew
- MEF Connects Party: 27 February 2012 at Picasso Museum: The infamous and hugely popular MEF Connects MWC is back even bigger and better for 2012! (And I can vouch for it, I went last year and it was fantastic âÄì Ed)Join MEF and its members in celebrating their 10th anniversary
- Heroes of Emerging Markets: 28 February 2012 at GILD International: Pearson in association with Heroes of the Mobile Fringe and thefonecast.com presents Heroes of Emerging Markets. This is an interactive, intimate panel discussion looking at the opportunities of doing mobile business in emerging markets. Spaces are very limited.
- Green Hackathon: 28 February 2012 at Palau Marbett: This is a first for Mobile World Congress and what an excellent addition to the Festival line up this is. Telefanica and the ITU, will host a Green Hackathon in Barcelona, Spain, on 28-29 February 2012 during the GSMA Mobile
- MEF Roundtable: Privacy & Mobile Apps: 28 February 2012 at GILD International: In association with Heroes of the Mobile Fringe and supported bySNR Denton, MEF, the global community for mobile content & commerce is hosting a roundtable session at MWC to drive thought leadership and plan next steps on the vital issue of Privacy
- IMA & FinnMob Hackathon Ceremony, Cocktails & Networking : 28 February 2012 at Fira Barcelona: IMA (Israel Mobile Association) and FinnMob joint Booth Party, Cocktails. Networking, discussions, more cocktails at their joint stand in Hall 6, C43. Not only are there cocktails and networking, but also, between 16:00 and 17:00, will be the hackathon ceremony âÄ¦
- The Fjord Oasis: 28 February 2012 at Fira Barcelona: The Fjord Oasis, refreshments for those roaming MWC! A collaborative party with Fjord, Foursquare and Spotify. For all those innovators, developers and start-ups roaming MWCâÄ¦come to the Fjord stand to meet the senior team from Fjord, Foursquare and Spotify.
- GoMo News Blender: 28 February 2012 at Marmalade Bar: The annual GoMo News Blender event hosted by Bena Roberts.
- Innovation Cocktail Hour: 28 February 2012 at Fira Barcelona: Join Mobile Monday Tel Aviv, the Israel Mobile and Media Association and the Finnish Mobile Association and mingle with technology executives, industry leaders from mobile network operators, innovators, entrepreneurs, developers and more.
- Into Mobile Africa : 28 February 2012 at Mix BCN: Cloud Interactive is organising a one off event during the hectic period of the Mobile World Congress. As we are located in Barcelona and know the city as home you are invited to what should be a great evening.
- Dutch Mobile Networking Event : 28 February 2012 at Torre Amat: The Dutch Mobile Networking Event will take place at an exclusive town house in Barcelona, Spain. The event is focused on Dutch visitors to Mobile World Congress and the main language spoken will be Dutch.
- Meet Wyse @ Mobile World Congress: 28 February 2012 at Picasso Museum: An evening party on Tuesday to celebrate the expansion of the Wyse PocketCloud enterprise mobility apps for Apple & Android and its latest product developments. Get exclusive access to the expanded Wyse PocketCloud family and the team behind it.
- OpenMarket / Mobile Entertainment Magazine Party: 28 February 2012 at C3 Bar: Food, drink, entertainment and mobile chat from OpenMarket and Mobile Entertainment Magazine.
- MWC Breakfast Briefing with 160 Characters & Acision: 29 February 2012 at Restaurante Slavia: This is one for the early birds. ItâÄôs a breakfast briefing from 160 Characters where thereâÄôll be an informal and engaging debate around the issues affecting the messaging sector which is still vibrant and sometimes overlooked for shinier, newer technologies.
- Bubble over Barcelona Mini-Conference: 29 February 2012 at Museu del Rock : BOB is a new half-day mini-conference which will identify and recognize mobile disruptors who are changing the way we work and play. Get away from the chaos and crowds of MWC for a very focused, high impact conference where you get direct access to movers and shakers in mobile.
- Football Freestyling with Daniel Cutting & Metaswitch: 29 February 2012 at Fira Barcelona: Three-time Guinness World Record holder and footballer freestlyer, Daniel Cutting, will deliver a marquis, Heroes of the Mobile Fringe outside the Metaswitch booth Avenue 80/81 on Wednesday at 2pm.
- Pearson Plug & Play: 29 February 2012 at Fira Barcelona: Come and join PearsonâÄôs Future Technologies team for a demonstration of their open API platform, Plug & Play, which gives developers access to rich content datasets from across Pearson Education, Longman, DK and FT Press.
- Box Mobile World Congress Party: 29 February 2012 at W Hotel Barcelona: The Mobile Tornado Hits the Enterprise: Box, LG, Enterproid & MobileIron Lead the Way Join us for open conversation (and an open bar). Relax and recharge with mobile trendsetters and tech VIPs, and see how the mobile enterprise will materialise âÄ¦
- Artificial Intelligence in a Box with Expertmaker: 29 February 2012 at Gran Foc: Developers! Siri was just the beginning. We will tell you how to put Artificial Intelligence (AI) in your app. Join us for a HEROES of the MOBILE FRINGE event and learn more about our AI in-a-box platform.
- Swedish Beers âÄì The Heroes of the Mobile Fringe Festival Edition, 2012: 29 February 2012 at Dos Trece: I can hardly believe it. ItâÄôs that time of year again and itâÄôs all systems go for Mobile World Congress. And as part of that, your favourite networking party of the week is back to bring you more beer and âÄ¦
- China: The Land of Opportunity Seminar: 01 March 2012 at mPowered Brands Theatre D, Hall 2.1: Join ChinaâÄôs leading Internet and media companies to learn more about the trends, opportunities and how to do business in one of the worldâÄôs leading economies.