An increasing array of smart devices, applications, and consumer demand for video and multimedia rich content presents a new growth opportunity for wireless operators. This opportunity is forcing operators to rapidly increase the footprint, performance and bandwidth of their existing networks. While the opportunity is huge, the investments to upgrade to 4G infrastructure is pretty significant; thereby leading them to look for efficient and cost effective solutions.
One big piece of this investment is the radio access network (RAN), which has only recently started to catchup with the evolution of the rest of the network components. Recent advancements in radio architecture are now providing operators with increased flexibility and scalability to meet the growing needs of their business. Some of these major advancements, include:
- Multimode and multi-standard base stations
- Antenna integrated radio (AIR) systems -- compact, tower-mounted solutions for 3G and 4G
- New compact base stations -- picocells, microcells and femtocells
- Active antenna systems with heterogeneous network management
- Distributed, flexible approaches to radio access networks that include baseband pooling
- Cloud infrastructure
We are conducting a webinar - “Change Rattling Radio Access Networks” in conjunction with our partner Light Reading. The webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 10:00 a.m. New York / 3:00 p.m. London. This webinar will focus on the key enablers of RAN evolution to multi-mode and small cells, providing the insight wireless operators need to understand the options -- and challenges -- ahead.
The webinar will feature the following technology experts:
- Ravikanth Pasumarthy , Director Technology, Aricent
- Sivasankaran Veerabaku, Director Technology, Aricent
- Berge Ayvazian, Senior Consultant, Heavy Reading
Please click here to register for this event.
We look forward to connecting with you!